Leadership Team Summer Update
The Leadership Team (LT) is delighted to welcome two new members — Marty Rozmanith and Jennifer Wilson. We also said thank you and goodbye to two valued members — Penny Sparrow and Taylor Tresselt. Our model of lay individuals rotating through varied terms serves the LT and FCCW well as fresh perspectives are brought into the mix each year. We are grateful to all who have served and will serve!
Right now, we’re working on:
- following up on the May annual meeting table discussions about key areas of focus (Ripley Chapel programming, Green Congregation plans, and how we might respond to the town’s recent needs assessment regarding after-school programming)
- developing a five-year strategic plan
- and as we did last year, we’ll be putting together a working group to prepare a 2020 budget
We will, of course, communicate our findings and recommendations on these and other topics to the congregation.
And we’re continuing to support and guide the work of several active ministries, including
- the Steeple Task Force’s careful planning to repair our steeple
- the Personnel Ministry’s process to update FCCW’s staff handbook
- the Ripley Chapel Working Group’s oversight of the construction project
- and several short term ministries’ work on parking needs, the implementation of a planned giving program, the creation of an operations manual, and the development of safe church policies and renewed emergency procedures.
Remember that: 1) all are welcome to attend the monthly LT meetings and we invite you to participate (the meetings are listed in the church calendar), and 2) we encourage you to suggest items for LT discussion that you feel are important to our church community. The LT represents you — the FCCW congregation.
We are a Christ-centered, nurturing community, growing in faith, serving in love and welcoming all with joy — and we are blessed that so many people are willing to share their skills, time, and effort on behalf of our church community.
The Leadership Team: Judy Arnold, Will Burhans, Jane Ring Frank, Sarah Gallop, Deirdre Giblin, Bruce Lauterwasser, David Peretti, Ben Pulaski, Marty Rozmanith, Cindy Wankowicz, Jennifer Wilson, Peter Woolford, and Kathleen Zagata