Join the RIM Walk for Refugees
Sunday, June 30, 2019, 4 PM (Rain or Shine)
Gazebo at Lake Quannapowitt, Lower Common, 1 Church Street, Wakefield, MA
Walk (or support your RIM Metro North Cluster walkers) around Lake Quannapowitt (5k) on a lovely summer day. It is always lovely when you are helping your neighbor refugees and asylum seekers. You will be walking with other Metro North Cluster members as well as walkers from clusters across Metro Boston. All monies raised will go directly to the support (food, housing, a cell phone and other necessities) of our Metro North Cluster clients. You may also get to meet our current or past clients that will be walking too.
When : Sunday June, 30, 2019 at 4:00 pm RAIN or SHINE
Where : Gazebo at Lake Quannapowitt, Lower Common 1 Church Street, Wakefield, MA
Parking : On street parking nearby
Walking : Walk a 5K around Lake Quannapowitt
Snacks : Water and Snacks will be provided.
This event will ensure that asylum seekers living in nearby communities have housing, food and access to English language tutoring until they can provide for themselves.
Here’s how to sign up or simply donate to the RIM Metro North Cluster:
- Go to the RIM website
- Click on “Sign up to be a walker through your local cluster, fundraise, or donate online”
- Click on the button
- Scroll down and then click “Metro North Cluster”
- To simply donate:
- a. Enter an amount in the box and then click on the button “Donate to our Cluster Team”
- b. Fill out the for, click next and follow the steps to complete your transaction.
- c. IMPORTANT! At the bottom of the form be sure to type in Metro North to indicate our Cluster to ensure your donation reaches our cluster and thus our clients.
- OR To sign up to walk:
- a. Join a team (or form a new team) by clicking on the “Join Team” button, create an account, and fill out the information requested.
RIM, Refugee Immigration Ministry, is an interfaith, community-based organization that has served hundreds of asylum seekers and refugees in MA since its founding in 1986.