» Health and Wellness Ministry
Health and Wellness Ministry
Seeking Harmony of Being
Whenever the water struck a stone
it had something to say,
and the water itself,
and even the mosses trailing under the water.
And slowly, very slowly,
it became clear to me what they were saying.
Said the river I am part of holiness.
And I too, said the stone.
And I too, whispered the moss beneath the water
Excerpt from “At the River Clarion”
Evidence: Poems by Mary Oliver, Beacon Press
In 2001, the Health and Wellness Ministry was formed to assist members in living the connection between faith and wellness mind, body and spirit in ministry to oneself and others.
We value Christian traditions of healing and contemplative practices, emerging strides in the health sciences, our connection to the natural world and ministry to families and members across the life span.
The Heath Ministry Committee encourages all to:
- Deepen faith practices through mindfulness, healthy lifestyle choices, balance in work, play and personal life.
- Seek healing, comfort and guidance offered by faith at times of crisis, grief and stress.
- Build a healthy community through fellowship, service and virtual visitation.
- If you would like to be a Virtual Visitation Network Volunteer — Summer assignment is less than five hours in total.
- If you are a High School youth considering a career in the healthcare—Partner with a Health Ministry member and lead a health and wellness projects for our faith community.
- If you seek a graduate internship in Faith Community Nursing or a related specialty.
- If you wish to suggest a health related activity or to share a community wellness event.
- If you wish to donate to the Health Ministry fund for member services and programs.
Learn more about the Health and Wellness Ministry:
Health & Wellness News